This tantalizing appetizer mingles fresh ahi, avocado, cucumbers and spice and will impress the most knowledgeable food critic.
Here’s what you need…
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
- 3/4 pound sashimi grade tuna steak, diced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, cucumber, avocado, green onion, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
- Pour in the lemon juice, sesame oil and soy sauce, and stir carefully to blend so as not to mash the avocado.
- Place this bowl into a larger bowl that has been filled with ice.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, but no longer – the terrific freshness of the fish will be lost.
- Once chilled, remove the bowl from the ice, and invert onto a serving plate.
- Serve with toasted bread or your favorite crackers.
Nutritional Analysis: Calories: 155, Fat: 8.2g, Cholesterol: 26mg, Sodium: 1245mg, Carbohydrate: 5.8g, Protein: 15.6g