Discover how easy is to eat healthy and enjoy a delicious meal with this Basil Avocado Baked Salmon.
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 3-4 6-8oz salmon fillets
- 1-2Tbsp coconut oil (for greasing the pan)
- Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil (you may optionally line with tin foil and then grease). Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash avocado until very creamy. Stir in chopped capers, garlic, basil and lemon zest.
- Lay salmon fillets on prepared baking sheet. Spread avocado topping over the top of the salmon with a knife or the back of a spoon. Coat ¼” thick for thinner fillets and up to ½” thick for thicker salmon fillets.
- Bake for 10 minutes (up to 15 minutes for thicker fillets). Turn oven up to broil.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until avocado topping starts to brown. Enjoy!
Original Recipe from The Paleo Mom