There is no question that these veggie stuffed tacos are both healthy and delicious. Fresh asparagus, sweet peppers, corn, onion, pinto beans and cilantro create a tasty blend of flavors.
To increase your protein intake feel free to throw in strips of lean chicken breast. Serve with sliced avocado and a side of salsa.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sweet peppers, chopped (red, yellow, orange or all three!)
- 3 ears of corn, kernels shaved off
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 chopped cilantro
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Place the olive oil and garlic in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for about three minutes or until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the asparagus and continue to sauté , stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and continue to sauté , stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, beans and cilantro and sauté for 5 more minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
*Note: Make sure you don’t overcook the vegetables. You want them to be tender but not too soft.*
- Remove from heat.
- Place a scoop of the veggie mixture in each tortilla and top with sliced avocado.
- Serve with your favorite salsa.
One serving equals: 308 calories, 8g fat, 46g carbohydrate, 13g fiber, and 12g protein.
Do you have a favorite recipe? Share is with me by posting it in the comments section below!