This simple recipe is the perfect meal for a chilly winter day. It is packed with tender vegetables, filled with protein and can be made with chicken or as a vegetarian dish. Serve it with a salad for a quick and healthy meal that the whole family will love.
Yield: 6 servings
Here’s what you need…
- 2 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed (or 1 package firm tofu, drained and cubed)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can lowfat chili
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all of the vegetables and chicken. Drizzle the olive oil and mix to coat. Add the thyme, salt and garlic powder.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet, and cover well with foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the foil and turn on the broiler. Broil until the vegetables are nicely browned, about 8 minutes.
- Top each serving with a scoop of warmed chili.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 230 calories, 4g fat, 28g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 20g protein.