The nice weather is calling us to get outside and be active! So, we decided to host a FREE interactive clinic on May 23rd for the FRESH! community to help you get set up for cycling success this year (details below). Cycling is a great way to commute to work, get fit, or just enjoy the scenery around the city, but too many people don’t get the most out of their cycling experience. In fact, lots of people spend time on stationary bikes, or in spin classes, but never actually get on a REAL bike! The most common reasons are:
- Old or poorly maintained equipment
- Improper bike setup
- Lack of knowledge about cycling in general
- Bad experiences with bikes in the past
- They have no idea how to get started
If this sounds like you, then this clinic is the perfect opportunity to learn about cycling and set yourself up for success. This clinic is geared towards beginners, people who have cycled in the past, but are a little “out of practice”, or intermediate riders looking to improve their knowledge.
This hands-on interactive clinic will be about 2 hours and include the following:
- Basic cycling knowledge, etiquette, and skills
- Introduction to bike maintenance (the essentials for safety and function)
- How to PROPERLY use your gears
- Proper bike setup and adjustments
- Practice basic bike handling skills
- Learn basic conditioning methods and exercises for cyclists
- Proper recovery from cycling to avoid injury
- Q&A throughout the session – get answers to all of your questions!
Do you have a bike sitting in your garage that hasn’t been touched in years? Have you stopped using your bike because it makes bad noises, or is so old you are embarrassed to ride it? Did you buy a new bike, but have no idea how to use it properly. If so, join us for this great (and FREE) session! It’s our spring gift to you!
Date & Details
WHEN: Saturday May 23rd 2015 (10am – NOON)
WHERE: Calgary Curling Club Parking Lot – MAP
WHAT TO BRING: You (and some friends), your bike, bike helmet, water bottle, and a smile!
NOTES: It doesn’t matter whether you have a road bike, mountain bike, hybrid, or a cruiser. It’s all about learning to ride properly, and get set up for success, and to have fun! Make sure to invite (and bring) friends, coworkers, and/or family.
Please email us to RSVP!