How to Properly Complete Your Weekly Nutrition Tracking Log
Nutrition is one of the greatest barriers to success that we see our clients struggle with. Even with your regular training sessions and diligently performing your home program, success will be extremely difficult, without proper nutrition. Your one-page weekly log will help get your nutrition on track.
Please read the following instructions to make sure you get the most out of this valuable resource.
- Print out a COPY of the form (download here) and keep it with you throughout the day.
- Write down the TIME that you wake up.
- Write down EVERYTHING you eat! Denial won’t get you anywhere! If it crosses your lips, write it down.
- Accurately estimate the QUANTITY of food you are eating. This can be done through formal measure (cups, tablespoons, etc.) or informally (compare to common items such as deck of cards, golf ball, tennis ball, palm of your hand, etc.) This includes the VOLUME of water throughout the day. You can just enter it along with the closest meal or snack. You will see a space at the bottom of the sheet for the TOTAL amount of water you consumed during the day. Just ADD UP the small amounts you entered earlier in the day.
- Write down the TIME that you eat. This is extremely important as it will give you an idea of the daily rhythm and routine of your nutrition plan. It’s very common for timing of meals to be a large barrier for many people. You should be eating at regular intervals throughout the day and have no more than 4 hours between meals/snacks.
- About 30 minutes to 2 hours AFTER each meal, “listen” to how your body is feeling. Do you feel good, bad, indifferent? Circle the appropriate “face” on the nutrition log. Begin to look for patterns in your feelings/moods. The food you each affects you like a drug and it’s just a matter of listening to what your body is telling you. Once you can do this, it’s easier to make adjustments in your food choices.Some common things to “listen” for: bloating, high energy, low energy, headaches, nausea, lack of concentration, dizziness, stomach cramps, intestinal gas, burping, flatulence, diarrhea, rashes, redness, itchiness, and much more. These are all symptoms that the food you ate isn’t sitting well with you.
- Track your WATER intake. How much PLAIN water have you consumed and how often. Your goal should be to take in 1 ounce for every 2 pounds of body weight (a 150lb person would consume 75 ounces of water every day). This total DOES NOT include the water you need to consume during exercise. This water should be consumed at regular intervals. Keep a water bottle at your desk, in your car, or with you at all times.
- Complete AT LEAST 2 WEEKS worth of nutrition logs. This will provide you with a very good idea of your food choices, routines and which areas can be improved.
If you’ve struggled with nutrition in the past and feel that more personalized information would be helpful to you, FRESH! fitness is happy to offer you a special discount on private nutrition coaching services.
To purchase a Special Introductory “Quick Start” Package of 4 x 30 minute nutrition consultations at 15% off the regular price, just click the button below and enter the discount code into the shopping cart. This package is introductory so may only be purchased once by each member. Make sure to take advantage of the discount and save $30!
Special Discount Code = MNUT