Here’s an example of a healthy and balanced packed lunch. Try this one out, and then use it as a springboard for your own creative lunch ideas. Don’t fall into the trap of eating the same thing day after day. Remember to use the 7 steps above to create your perfect packed lunch.
- 1 green tortilla
- 1 chicken breast (or your choice of protein: veggie patty, lean turkey, hardboiled egg, smoked salmon, grilled white fish, or baked tofu)
- Sliced tomato
- Romaine lettuce
- 1 Tablespoon hummus
For the veggies:
- 1/2 cup cut veggies (try broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and bell peppers)
- 1/4 cup hummus
For the yogurt:
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Handful of berries (strawberries and blueberries)
- 1oz raw mixed nuts
- 5 golden raisins
For the trail mix:
- Spread the tortilla with hummus, line with lettuce, tomato slices and chicken breast. Wrap and slice in half.
- Wash and pack the cut veggies in plastic container. Pack the hummus in a small container.
- Pack the yogurt in a small container and top with the berries.
- Mix the raw nuts with the raisins and pack in a small container or bag.
- Don’t forget to pack a container of water and a napkin!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 547 calories, 19g fat, 39g carbohydrate, 12g fiber, and 55g protein.
Share this recipe with your friends.