This recipe serves up a refreshing new twist on chicken. Delicious veggies and chunks of tender chicken are coated in a savory sauce, and served over wild rice. It works great as a weekday meal, since it only takes about 20 minutes to make.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 sweet potato, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons mirin (rice cooking wine)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups green beans, chopped
- 4 cups chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- In a large saucepan place the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the sweet potato, onion, mushroom, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the mirin, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, cornstarch and red pepper. Set aside.
- Add the green beans and chicken into the pan and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Pour the soy sauce mixture in and mix until fully incorporated. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve over wild rice.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 299 calories, 8g fat, 23g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 33g protein.