Do you love all those vegetables in season?
You better try this great and healthy recipe with some of your favourites.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 Fuji apple, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1 Pear, cut into 1/2 cubes
- 3/4 cup butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
Wash brussels sprouts and cut the ends off, then cut into halves or quarters depending on how big your brussels are. The goal is to try to have all the fruit and veggies in this dish to be about the same size so they cook evenly. Just keep this in mind when chopping everything up.
Add brussels sprouts, sweet potato cubes, apple cubes, pear cubes, butternut squash cubes, sea salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl and toss together. Add melted coconut oil over veggies and fruit to evenly coat. Add mixture to baking sheet and spread evenly to coat the pan.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until veggies and fruit are soft and tender. The cooking time will depend on how large you make your cubes too. Immediately after removing pan from oven sprinkle toasted chopped pecans and cranberries over the veggies and fruit and stir to combine.
Original Recipe from Multiply Delicious.