- 1 tbl coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 lbs ground pork
- Two eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbl maple syrup
- 1 tbl garlic powder
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Two tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- One tsp sea salt
1. First, soften the diced onion in the 1 tbl coconut oil at low-medium heat, cooking until they are just translucent. Then remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Put all remaining ingredients except the ground pork to a large bowl. Whisk or stir to combine.
3. Add the ground pork and softened onions to the bowl and use your hands to evenly combine all the ingredients.
4. Gather up the meat mixture and place it in the center of your slow cooker’s insert. Use your hands to shape the loaf so that it has at least a half inch gap between the loaf and the sides of the insert.
5. Pat the top of the loaf flat and put the lid on the slow cooker.
6. If your slow cooker has a temperature probe, slide that into the meatloaf now, making sure not to let it touch the bottom of the pot.
7. Cook the meatloaf on low until it reaches an internal temperature of 150F, about 3 hours.
8. Finally, you can remove the meatloaf from the slow cooker straight away, but it is easier and more sturdy if you let the meatloaf sit for 15 – 30 minutes in the turned off and uncovered slow cooker before trying to transfer it to another dish.
The meatloaf can be eaten immediately, but is much better if it is refrigerated overnight and then sliced in the morning. Reheat the slices in an oiled skillet at low-medium for 1 – 2 minutes per side before serving.
Original Recipe from Meatified