Slow cooker lemon-garlic chicken. Chicken breasts with herbs, butter, garlic and lemon juice cooked in slow cooker. Very easy and delicious chicken breasts recipe!
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (960 g) skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Two garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- One teaspoon chicken bouillon granules*
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
A teaspoon chicken bouillon granules dissolved in one cup of boiling water may be substituted for 1 cup (250 ml) of chicken broth in this recipe.
In a small bowl, combine dried oregano, garlic, seasoned salt and black pepper. Mix well and rub chicken breasts with oregano mixture.
Heat unsalted butter in a large nonstick skillet. Brown rubbed chicken breast halves in hot butter. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to slow cooker.
Pour water, lemon juice and bouillon granules in the same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, loosening browned bits from skillet. Pour boiled lemon mixture over chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Add parsley and baste chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for a further 15-30 minutes, or until chicken breasts are tender.
For more lemon flavor, substitute lemon pepper for the ground pepper in this recipe.
Serve with a cooked rice blend or egg noodles.