How about this mouth-watering stuffed sweet potatoes? Sweet potato, spinach, turkey and bacon. Enjoy it!
- 2 sweet potatoes or yam, holes poked throughout with a fork
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ pound ground turkey (or more, if you would like)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5-6 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in sweet potatoes and wrap in foil. Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left to cook, add 2 tablespoons of bacon fat to a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic cloves to the pan then add the onions.
- Once onions are translucent, add ground turkey and break up with a wooden spoon.
- While the turkey is cooking, add hot sauce, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to the meat and mix.
- When turkey is pretty much done cooking, add spinach and cover to help the spinach steam, then mix with the meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then remove from heat.
- When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, cut open and mash insides up with a fork. Then add the turkey mixture to the inside.
Original Recipe from Paleomg