Gazpacho is a tomato based, raw vegetable soup that is served cold. This recipe makes a light and refreshing summer meal, and is quick and easy to make. Feel free to simply chop the ingredients for a thicker soup if you’d rather not use a blender.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber chunks, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- * Optional * Cayenne pepper to taste
- Core the tomatoes, and cut into large chunks.
- Place all ingredients, except cayenne, into a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a container, add cayenne. Cover and chill.
- Serve cold.
One serving equals: 71 calories, 4g fat, 9g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 4g protein.