Stop drowning your tuna in mayo, instead try this light recipe. Fresh carrot, tomato and lettuce combined with a touch of red wine vinegar, give this tuna pocket a burst of refreshing flavor. Use an herb salad mix for an even better flavor.
Yield: 2 servings
Here’s what you need…
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- 5oz can white albacore tuna, in water
- 1 cup mixed lettuce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Dash of pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- In a medium bowl mix together the tomato, carrot and tuna.
- Add the lettuce and drizzle with vinegar.
- Mix well and add dash of pepper.
- Serve half of the tuna mixture in each tortilla.
One serving equals: 188 calories, 3g fat, 16g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, and 23g protein.